Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Final Preparations and ‘The List’


Well – it is really getting close now.
10 more days and I am on my way.
I am trying to be diligent. Researching the ‘net for tips and tricks.
Seeking advice on packing and gear.
Creating a list. And checking it twice.
And I think I am now ready. I even did a trial run of just over 400kms yesterday with my bike loaded up with all of my gear. Well – almost all of it. I did not wear my back pack yesterday, which will be an integral part of my trip gear – but I had everything else on board. And I must say, I am very pleased with the results. After a run from Ottawa to Casselman – to Berwick, Finch, Osnabruck, Long Sault, Cornwall – then to Summerstown and Lancaster, and then into Quebec to Riviere Beaudette, Saint Zotique, Salaberry-De-Valleyfield, Chateauguay, Lasalle, Pointe Claire – and then back following the same route to Cornwall – nothing moved more than a little. There was some slight shifting of my sleeping bag under my spider-web cargo net, but other than that there were no issues at all.
Thanks to my $20 Hooker.
She’s a keeper, hahahaha.
Pics of my loaded down bike here.

I also went out on a nice long Calabogie run with a couple of the guys. Too Tall set the run up, and Hollywood and I joined him for what turned out to be a fantastic ride. We danced the 511 like she was made to be danced, lol. Stopped in Almonte for ice cream and later on in the evening went down to South Keys for the Show and Shine at Denny’s. The turn-out was less than stellar – hopefully that will improve as the season gets into full swing.
Calabogie pics here.
And finally, the list. It looks pretty extensive – but believe it or not it all fits into my gear as packed in the pics above – if you include the knap-sack on my back.


See the list here-

PS – Susie, I just want you to know that I think your beauty is exceeded only by your courage. You are inspiring people whom you have never met. I honour you for that. Love ya’ hon.

2 comments:

  1. Your list reminds me of our shared heritage at Flint School, lo these many years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha....I just came across this comment this morning - and now that you mention it, boy oh boy does it ever.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate and encourage comments and / or criticisms. If I do not get back right away it is likely because I am out riding - or haven't checked the comments section in a couple of days - but I will do my best to respond.

Hope you are enjoying the ride.