Sunday, May 6, 2012

Here I go again....

....wow. Cheesy, I know. But man, it was great music to listen to at the time. Come on. Admit it. You liked it too.
Why did I lead in with that you ask? Well, because I am just getting ready to go for a nice leisurely ride to Hawkesbury with about 20 of my friends, and thought to myself, 'right on - here we go again'.

The season is upon us in full force now.
There were probably close to 1000 riders that attended the local swap meet yesterday.
There are more and more of us out on the roads enjoying our own personal expressions of life and freedom.
Motorcycle sales are brisk at the local dealerships.
The scheduled training courses put on by various organizations in the area are booked to capacity well in advance.

And a 54 year old rider lost his life yesterday afternoon. In a traffic collision on a busy city boulevard.
I was not there. I did not see it. I have no idea what happened. Except to say that a rider is dead today, and his passenger in critical condition.

There has not yet been a public identification made. So though I may not know your name - let me offer my rear seat to you today  - come along for a ride. The weather is fine.

Wish you were here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MXiTeH_Pg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate and encourage comments and / or criticisms. If I do not get back right away it is likely because I am out riding - or haven't checked the comments section in a couple of days - but I will do my best to respond.

Hope you are enjoying the ride.