Saturday, April 28, 2012

And now, the bright side….

 

My previous post was a little bit heavy. Weighted on the dark side of my past, at least for the first portion. So I thought I would add another before hopping on my bike and heading off to work.

There have been many people who have offered me a helping hand along the way. Some of them are not aware of it, and unless I reach out and tell them, never will be. But then, somehow I don’t think that they are waiting to hear from me. They are people who themselves found inspiration in the musings, writings and memories of others and chose to pass on a note; a story; a poem or quote that struck a chord – that resonated with exactly who they were at the time.

I have found inspiration in so many areas.

One of those writings that was passed along to me by someone who found a glimmer of something bright within it is below. The following words have caused a vibration with in me. And I feel the tune.

 

“People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.”

 

Often attributed to Mother Teresa as a poem that was inscribed her Calcutta children’s home, the poem was actually written by a man named Kent M. Keith.

So I say thank you Kent. For lending a helping hand.

 

To close, I have added a few pictures from my Blog Pics album.

Life is beautiful.

 

Blog pics

Thanks for riding along so far. There is so much yet to come….

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate and encourage comments and / or criticisms. If I do not get back right away it is likely because I am out riding - or haven't checked the comments section in a couple of days - but I will do my best to respond.

Hope you are enjoying the ride.