Thursday, April 19, 2012

I am back. And taking you with me....

Wow. It has been a long time since I stopped by to drop a note. I was about to say that there was no real reason for that - but come on - there is always a reason. What were mine at the time? I don't really remember, but it is probably safe to say that I lost interest on one level or another. I think I was afraid that I was becoming a self-aggrandizing preacher of recovery. With an ego capable of the feats that mine is capable of, that is a dangerous path to follow. So I stepped back. And forgot about my blog.

So why am I back?, you ask. Or if you didn't, well - I am going to pretend you did - that whole continuity thing, don't ya' know.

Well let me tell you why I have stopped in again dear reader - or readers, should my one following friend have convinced another to peel their eyes away from whatever is happening in Facebook status-land.

I am preparing to embark on a journey.

Yes. I know. I have already pounded on the keys in an effort to render some meagre notes of interest as far as 'my journey' goes, as evident in my previous posts - or posturings, depending on your mood and frame of mind.
Alas - this one is an actual, physical, leave-where-I-am-and-go-somewhere-else kind of journey. Though I admit, there is a really big (did I say really big? - I meant disproportionately large) component of a spiritual journey embedded, entwined, inter weaved and  all-wrapped-up-in this journey as well. I mean really - how could there not be. See, I am embarking on an epic adventure. On a motorcycle. Which makes it an epic motorcycle adventure. Alone. With no real itinerary. Into the mountains of British Columbia. With a tent and a bed-roll. Which makes it an epic vagabond motorcycle adventure. That is what it is, and what I shall call it. My epic vagabond motorcycle adventure.

And I am going to blog about my travels. My experiences. My up's and my down's.

Oh. And guess what. I have a little surprise for you.

Ready.......

I have a helmet-cam. That films in 1080p HD. On my helmet. While I ride my motorcycle. Across Canada. And into the Rockies.

Contain yourself.... I know....I am excited too!!!

So I guess I should figure out how to insert / embed / link to a video from my blog, huh? Ideally I would like to upload / embed right here - however, lets try a link to an existing host. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZONC3IFP_QQ

Joe



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate and encourage comments and / or criticisms. If I do not get back right away it is likely because I am out riding - or haven't checked the comments section in a couple of days - but I will do my best to respond.

Hope you are enjoying the ride.