Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Howdy pardner….

 

I have finally made it to the land of cowboy hats, western boots and pick-up trucks.

No, not Hull.

I mean Calgary, Alberta.

I arrived late this afternoon – found a room at the Econo Lodge – unpacked, showered – and then promptly hopped back on my bike to go shopping.

I am now the very happy owner of a pair of waterproof motorcycle boots. And new Hi-viz rain gear as well. Both items that I discovered I was in need of. My current leather biker boots, even when slathered in Dubbin and with rain-booties over them, became individual swimming pools for my feet in northern Ontario. Not fun at all. And my raingear, while functional, simply wasn’t up to the task either. My visa card took a pounding – but I now have quality gear, seen below.

new bootsBates waterproof motorcycle boots.

new rain gearGKSII Hi Viz rain gear.

Thank you goes out to the staff at Stampede Boots for helping me out with my new gear.

……zzzzzzzz…….break……zzzzzzzzzz……………….

……….and good morning. I was just too tired to complete the post last night.

This morning I went to the McDonalds next door and updated my Photobucket page – the hotel WiFi – where I am paying $100 to sleep, won’t allow uploads – but McDonalds, where I paid $1.54 for a small coffee, does. Go figure.

Pics of my trip so far here.

I am going to check out some of Calgary today – and drop in at the Calgary Police Headquarters to introduce myself.

I am speaking at the request of the Chief tomorrow – on my experiences with childhood trauma, addictions, conflict with the law, homelessness – and the recovery there-from.

This evening I am going to be the ‘out-of-town-visitor at the CMC Calgary chapter 022 Bike Night at a local A&W. Looking forward to meeting more members of this great riding club.

And after that – the out-of-town visitor at an AA meeting.

For now, it is time to hop on the bike and check out some of this beautiful city.

Enjoy your day friends. Travel safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate and encourage comments and / or criticisms. If I do not get back right away it is likely because I am out riding - or haven't checked the comments section in a couple of days - but I will do my best to respond.

Hope you are enjoying the ride.